There are several sorts of resource in this
program. There are
- Flash video presentations with narrations. These are the
core of the SimmerDown program. There is more on this below, with information on a sample video about how
to use this fairly sophisticated resource.
- Readings in pdf format that elaborate on some of the ideas
introduced in the videos.
- Links to outside websites with material pertinent to the
- Multimedia training modules that focus on specific areas which
are important to this program. These sometimes run by themselves, and sometimes need some interaction
with you--a click of a button.
- Worksheets in pdf format. (A note on the Anger Record,
which is the key worksheet in the program, included with each session. There are three buttons at the
bottom of the form. The left button will allow you to print the form for your records. The right
button will allow you to email the form to Stephen Simmer, with an opportunity for questions on the email to
see if you are proceeding correctly. The middle button resets the form, i. e., makes all the fields
blank. Be careful that you don't hit this button before you have a chance to print or email
We recommend that you begin by watching the
video below, in order to learn how to operate the flash presentation videos. This presentation shows how
- change the appearance of the flash program from full screen to
- download supplementary
- begin the multimedia instruction
- start the quiz that will test your comprehension after
completion of the flash video
Click on the image below to begin the presentation.